Our clinic desires to make healthcare services available to the uninsured and underinsured by meeting our patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. The urgent care setting is a unique and strategic place to do this, but to be successful we need your help! Volunteers make up the majority of our staff every day and we cannot run without you. Meeting our patients needs is dependent on volunteers like you!
We ask our community volunteers to serve a half-day shift, either 8:30am – 12:30pm or 12:00pm – 4:30pm. No medical background is required, and you’ll have the opportunity to be trained in each position prior to your first time serving.
- Front Desk: Be the first person to welcome, comfort, and get to know the people of the community! We need friendly, inviting, and detail-oriented people to make a great first impression and to help keep us running. By serving in this position you play a key role in setting the tone for each patient visit as you manage our waiting room and are the first interaction our patients will have with the services provided here. Not to mention- you make us function by helping to conduct the administrative tasks of the day!
- Pastoral Care: Help us stay true to our mission by ensuring that patients have the opportunity to have a spiritual conversation while at our clinic. We need committed followers of Christ who share in the vision of the clinic to talk and pray with our patients. You will play a crucial role evangelizing, providing biblical counsel, as well as praying with patients.
We ask our RNs or Medical Techs to work half-day shifts, either 8:30am – 12:30pm or 12:00pm – 4:30pm. Providers can work with the Clinic Coordinator to schedule service times that match their schedules.
- Onsite Nurses, Medical Techs, and Providers: We can’t function without the medical community utilizing their specific talents to provide onsite urgent care. Help us tend to the physical conditions of our patients, while also caring for them emotionally and spiritually during their time here. If you have questions about your personal license or specialty, please contact us so we can discuss the best ways to join us.
- Referrals: If you are unavailable to come here, you can still serve at your office! We would love to refer patients requiring your scope of practice to you in a way that fits your availability. Contact the clinic if you are interested in being added to our referral list. We will call when we have a need in your specialty and make sure that the patient has transportation to your office.
Follow Up Team
Flexible schedule based on Ministry or Sunday needs. This team will help us as we aim to make sure our patients receive spiritual care while in our facility, but are also linked to ongoing spiritual growth and discipleship.
- Ministry Liaison: Are you already serving in another Watermark ministry where you would be able to help follow up with a patient we refer to that ministry? This would entail reaching out to patients that give us permission via phone and email, and hosting them for the first few times they attend the ministry. You’ll play an integral role in linking our patient community to long term growth and healing!
- Sunday Host: For some patients their next step would be not to attend a specific ministry but to join us at Watermark during a Sunday service to either begin plugging into a church home or to learn more about Christ. We need volunteers to follow up with patients via phone and email and host them on their first Sunday at church. Who knows how the relationship will grow from there!
Next Steps to Volunteering
Ready to join us? Here are your next steps…
- Attend one of our Come and See events: Learn about the mission/vision of the clinic, to get a tour of the facilities, and to learn how the clinic runs day in and day out. Sign up using the links below!
Our Come and See events are scheduled every 2 weeks rotating on Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays from 10am – 11:30am. If you are unable to attend any of these orientations but are still able to serve during our normal hours, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Complete application and background check: For medical volunteers this will include verification of your license and credentialing as applicable. For pastoral care and follow up team, volunteers must be Watermark members and obtain a recommendation from a Watermark Ministry leader or community group coach.
3. Training: Shadow the role in which you will be serving. We will also provide other training materials to ensure you feel comfortable serving with us the first time.
4. Serve! You’ll be able to sign up for shifts that work with your schedule and put your talents to use in the clinic.
Tell us you’re interested!